Chakras are the energy circles that centres inside the human body to help in all processes. It regulates from emotions to organ processes and to the immune system. There are total seven chakras residing in the body. Although we normally speak of only seven chakras, the human energy field is made up of thousands of minor chakras in addition to the major seven. Starting from the base of the spine ending at the crown of your head. Each of this chakra has their own colour and vibrational frequency, and it leads to special functions, which makes you a human being. It is important to understand the chakras before we start defining each chakra individually. You are a human being and made of energy. All living things are made of this energy. The energy is the reason it keeps you spiritually, physically, psychologically and emotionally balanced.
The term ‘Chakra’ in Sanskrit means, ‘wheel’. So according to that meaning, chakras are spinning regularly. These are the colourful wheels of energy. To the millennials, chakras are essential in life. The topic of chakras has been originated in India first, around 1,500 B.C. Also, there is the mention of chakras in Yoga Sutras of Patanjali which is around 200 B.C.
Seven Major Chakras and the Colours
There are seven types of chakras in a human body and each of the chakra stones for the seven chakras are based on the colours that are as listed below.
- Root: It stays at the base of the spine, and red in colour. It mainly governs survival instincts and grounding.
- Sacral: Situated in the lower abdomen, orange in colour. Generally, it governs self-worth and esteem, intuition, sexuality.
- Solar plexus: Stays at the upper abdomen, yellow in colour, controls ego and impulse.
- Heart: Situated at the centre of the chest. Green and controls spirituality and compassion.
- Throat: Stays at the throat, blue in colour and governs mostly emotion & communication.
- Third eye: Situated between the eyes, purple and controls imagination, wisdom & rationality.
- Crown: Situated at the top of the head. Colour is indigo and governs the connection with the divine beings.
So, now it be clearly understood as which are the chakra stones to be used and that too of which colour. But at this point of time, it is to be made sure that the stones so chosen are genuine and brought from a trusted, reputed as well as reliable seller.